Activities are the basic elements all the processes consist of. For example, clicking a button in a program window, entering text in a field, starting a program, etc.
Activities can be found on the Palette tab of the process card and are grouped by type:
- Mouse. Activities that simulate mouse actions: Click, Click Text, Hover, Drag&Drop, Scroll;
- Keyboard. Activities that simulate keyboard actions: Enter Text and Key combination;
- Context. Activities for working with context: Get Text, Get OCR Text, Extract Table Data, Set To Clipboard, Get From Clipboard, Assign Parameter;
- Recognize document. Activities for recognizing documents: Document Recognition and Template-based Recognition;
- General: Script, Start Application, File, Log Message, Query to Database;
- Excel. Activities for working with Excel files: Get Excel file, Find Cell, Get Cell, Get Formula, Replace Cell Values, Set Color, Set Cell, Delete Cell;
- Word. Activities for working with Word files: Get Text, Write Text, Insert Table;
- Outlook. Activities for working with messages in Outlook: Receive Messages, Send Message, Select Messages, Move Messages;
- Mail. Activities for working with email: Send Mail, Get Mail;
- Working with archives. Activities for working with an archive: Create Archive, Unpack Archive.
The diagram displays activities as boxes containing a brief overview:
- screenshot of the interface element the bot is interacting with;
- activity name generated by the template during the process recording or indicated manually in activity settings;
- activity system name that allows to differentiate a basic activity if its name was changed manually;
- additional information that depends on the activity type. For example, you can indicate the names of the buttons, key combinations, context variables the value is copied to, etc.
Actions with activities
There are several actions with activities available on the diagram:
- Play. Click the button to play the activity;
- Delete. Click the button to delete the activity. You can delete several activities at once. To do this, click on the one of them, select the other activities holding down the Ctrl key and click the button to the left of the first activity;
- Create GO-TO flow control;
- Add escalation.
Found a typo? Highlight the text, press ctrl + enter and notify us