ELMA365 Standard Edition can be installed on Astra Linux “Oryol”.
Before you begin, please read the minimum requirements to install and run ELMA365 Standard Edition.
Before the installation, if working in a private network make sure you have access to the following resources:
Verify that 80 and 443 ports are open for external connections.
If you are using VMWare ESXi, make sure that disk UUID is switched on.
To enable disk UUID in VMWare ESXi:
- Shut down the virtual machine.
- Click on virtual machine name select Edit Settings.
- In the window that opens, select the Options tab.
- Select General in the Advanced section.
- Click Configuration Parameters… on the right-hand side
- In the window that appears check if the parameter disk.EnableUUID presents. Make sure it is set to TRUE. If there is no such parameter, click Add Row and add it.
- Switch on the virtual machine.
Before ELMA365 installation it is also required to install snap. Snap is a software packaging management system used for micros8k deployment. To install snap, run the following command:
echo "deb https://mirror.yandex.ru/debian/ stretch main contrib non-free" | tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list
sudo apt install ./debian-archive-keyring_2017.5_all.deb
Installing the server on Astra Linux “Oryol”
All console commands listed in the "ELMA365 on-premises" section of ELMA365 Help must be run with elevated privileges. Therefore, before you continue switch to superuser by running the following command:
Please note that the hostname must not contain capital letters. If the hostname is not displayed at the command line prompt, you can check it by running the following command:
hostname – f
To change the hostname use the command:
hostnamectl set-hostname elma365client
Set the desired hostname where elma365client is the new hostname. Then, reboot the system.
To install the server, follow these steps:
- Open the command line on the server. Then, run the following command:
curl -fsSL -o elma365-installer.sh https://dl.elma365.com/onPremise/master/latest/download && chmod +x elma365-installer.sh && ./elma365-installer.sh
- Enter the Administrator’s (root) password.
- In this step, you can change the DNS server. Th default public DNS server addresses used by ELMA365 are 126.96.36.199. and 188.8.131.52.
- Select the user interface language.
- Enter the main administrator login (main administrator’s email).
- Enter the main administrator password.
- Set up an SMTP server connection. This connection will be used for sending invites to new users, recovering passwords, sending notifications about new tasks.
- SMTP host. Enter the server address according to your email server settings. For example, smtp.gmail.com.
- SMTP port. Enter the connection port according to your email server settings. For example, 465.
- Select the connection encryption method. For example, TLS.
- From address. Specify the address you want to use for sending messages.
- SMTP password. Specify the server password.
- In this step, you can connect the distributed databases. This is necessary to provide a scalable and fault-tolerant architecture in installations operating with a large amount of data and supporting a lot of users. Select external services: PostgreSQL, MongoDB, S3, Redis. And, for each of them, specify the connection string containing hostname, port, username, and password.
- Enter Base URL – local domain name or the server IP address. The elma365 service will be available at this IP address.
- This step is optional and appears only if in the previous step you have specified the local domain name as Base URL.
You can enable HTTPS support if you want to use an SSL certificate. To do this:
- Enter your local domain name as the Base URL. If you enter an IP address, HTTPS will not operate.
- The system will offer you to enable HTTPS. Enable it.
- Enter the private key and the SSL certificate for your domain. The certificate must contain not only a domain name but a certification path. Usually, the name of the certificate contains +chain part. The private key and SSL certificate must be stored in the file system of your PC.
- Enable hostaliases. If you specified the local domain name, then during installation the system will check whether the connection to this domain from the Kubernetes environment is available. If it is not, you’ll be offered to enable hostaliases for proper operation. In case of using some specific proxy-servers this setting must be disabled.
Once you finished the configuration, the installation process will begin. It will take up to 10-15 minutes. If the program is installed successfully, the following message will appear: ELMA365 successfully installed. Visit http:/... [Step 3 server IP address].
The installation log files are located in /var/log/elma365/install.log. If you are experiencing problems installing ELMA365, consult the log files to troubleshoot the installation.
How to renew an SSL certificate
To renew the certificate specified in step 4 of the installation, use the following command:
You need to use it, for example, if the 3-month certificate was received via LETSENCRYPT. So, after three months, you’ll have to renew the certificate when getting a new one.