The Scroll activity simulates scrolling an area. For example, you have a folder with files. To reach the required file, you need to scroll and click on it. After performing the activity, you will reach the file from any place of the list. It is also convenient for scaling a web page.
Activity settings are configured automatically when recording a process or a particular activity. You can change them if you need. To open the settings window, click on the activity on the process diagram.
The Parameters tab displays the basic activity parameters, target parameters, and control parameters.
- Name. The activity name on the process diagram. Its name is set by default when adding the activity. You can change the name in this field;
- Scroll value. Indicates the size of the scrolled area. If you need to scroll the area horizontally, check the Horizontal box;
- Modifier keys. Simulates simultaneously pressing a key (Ctrl, Shift, Alt) and a mouse button;
- Mouse cursor mode. Select the mode the cursor will move between the elements: Without animation or With animation. After selecting the first one, the cursor will move at a standard speed. When animated, it moves between elements without a pause.
Read more about target and control parameters in the Basic activity settings principles article.
Read more about the Conditions tab in the Basic activity settings principles article.
Let's look at the font selection in Google Docs editor.
When modeling the process manually, you need to add the Click activity before the Scroll activity to open the font list. While running the Scroll activity, the drop-down list must be open. In the recording mode, it is made automatically: first, the Click activity is created, then the Scroll activity is created while scrolling down the list and clicking the required element. Read more about the Click activity in the Click article.
When recording a separate activity, the drop-down list with the font names will not open automatically in the target search method. That's why you need to first open the list without saving the target. After that, select the font from the list and confirm the choice in the Inspector window.
Scroll to find image
You can set an image for the bot to search for by scrolling the screen.
The search is set in the recording mode using the radial menu.
- Call the radial menu by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Q combination which is set by default. You can change this combination in the designer settings.
- Click the icon and select a part of the image that will be used for searching.
The screen is divided into two areas:
- active selection area;
- inactive area (usually darker than the active).
3. Select the image and click the Cut button at the bottom of the screen.
4. The action settings window will be displayed.
- Activity type. Select activity: Click, Double Click, Scroll, Hover; Select Scroll;
- Mouse button. Select mouse button (left, middle, right) to perform activity;
- Modifier keys. Allows simulating the button press (Control, Shift, or Alt) simultaneously with the button for secondary action performance. Click the button to delete the key.
Found a typo? Highlight the text, press ctrl + enter and notify us