Debugging is the routine process of locating and removing errors in a business process after it is created. During debugging, the process operations are run step by step in real time. Thus, you can check the process logic, test process scripts, make sure that the task forms are created correctly, and the information is arranged conveniently.
Only users included in the Administrators group can debug business processes.
The Debugging Monitor will open. It is divided into four sections: History, Map, Activity Stream, Context.
- History. All tasks assigned during the process are displayed here. You can see information about the executors and deadlines, check creation date and errors that occurred when the process was run.
- Map. This is a process diagram that allows you to track process progress in real time. Using the map, you can track which process steps have already been completed and which have not yet been debugged.
- Completed tasks, operations, and connectors are highlighted blue;
- Current activities are highlighted green.
- The Activity Stream section shows all system notifications that are automatically generated in the process, for example, when a task is performed or assigned, a script is triggered, or a document is generated. This section also shows notifications when a new task is assigned to a specific user.
- In the Context section, by default, all process context variables and their values are displayed.
If the context variable stores a link to a file or an app, you can open it directly from the Debugging Monitor in the preview mode.
Run a process in the debugging mode
To run a process in the debugging mode, click on the name of a task in the History section. In the provided window, you will see the task page where you can enter data, select a user, attach a file, create an app item. In other words, to simulate all those actions that a user will perform at this step of the process.
All new app items, files, and other system objects are created with the prefix [Debugging] and will be deleted after all the process steps are completed.
If for debugging you select an existing app item and make changes to it at any step of the debugging process, this data will be written to the item and saved after exiting the debugging mode.
If an error occurs at some step of debugging, the name of the incorrectly working operation will be highlighted in red. Hover over it to see the detailed information on the error.
Found a typo? Highlight the text, press ctrl + enter and notify us