A business process model (flow chart diagram) describes all the actions that employees must perform in order to achieve a specific goal of the company. The description is done with such graphic elements as swimlanes, tasks, events, gateways, notifications.
Process diagrams modeled in ELMA365 are executable. This means that all tasks, notifications, etc., will be automatically assigned to the relevant employees at the right stage.
Create a new process
To create a business process diagram, go to Administration > Business Processes. In the upper right corner, click on the + Process button.
Only users included in the Administrators group can model processes.
In the pop-up window, fill in the fields and click Create. The process designer will open in which you can model your company's business processes.
To learn more about modeling, see Associate a process with an app.
Process modeling page
At the top of the page there are 5 tabs:
- Flow Chart. A graphical diagram of the process.
- Context. Variables used in the process.
- Forms. Templates of task and event forms created for this process.
- Scripts. All scripts used in this business process.
- Settings. General process settings: start settings, name template, instance page form, API.
Below the tabs you can see the toolbar.
- Save. The process diagram will be saved as a draft, while the published process will not be modified.
- Check. The process diagram will be checked for logical errors. If the diagram contains errors, a warning will appear at the bottom of the page.
- Publish. The program can only execute published processes. Make sure to publish the process every time you modify it. The changes that are saved but not published will not be available to users during the execution of the business process.
- Debug. During debugging, the process operations are run step by step in real time. You can check the process logic, make sure that the task forms are created correctly, and test all the scripts.
- Run. The process will be started. You might use this option to check and debug the process.
- Undo. Undo the last action.
- Redo. Repeat the last undone action.
- Navigate. Use this button to move the modeling sheet.
- Select. Use this button to select multiple items in the diagram.
On the right side of the page, there is a panel with graphical elements that are used for the process modeling.
Standard elements tab :
System elements tab :
- Manage Status
- Await Status
- Create App Item
- Edit App Item
- App Item Permissions
- Assign Value
- Get Superior
- Generate from Template
- Generate from File
- Convert to PDF
- Send Document/App Item
- End Approval
- Create Document Package
- Register Document
The Integration tab displays integrations with external systems.
Found a typo? Highlight the text, press ctrl + enter and notify us