- Show content in designer. Enable this option to display the widget’s content on the modeling canvas.
- Position*. Specify the position of the menu items in relation to the button.
- Window size*. Specify the size of the menu.
System settings are similar for all widgets. They allow you to set the widget’s visibility and access permissions, configure the widget’s behavior when the user hovers over it, etc. Read more about these settings in the System widget settings article.
To finish, click Save.
Drop-down menu items
When you’ve finished configuring the widget, you need to add items that will be displayed in the drop-down menu. To do this, click +Add menu item and configure the item.
- Name*. Enter the menu item name.
- Event on click. Specify the event that needs to happen when the user clicks the menu item. For example, it can change the status of app item. To implement this logic, you need to add a corresponding script. Enter the script name and click Open. You will see the Script tab. Write the script that you need. Find out more in the Scripts in widgets article.
You can also rename the button or change its settings. To do this, click the gear icon next to the button’s name.
When you finish configuring the widget, click Save and Publish in the toolbar at the top if the page.
In the following example, the Drop-down menu widget is added to the view form of the Orders app. The default button name is changed to Apply Discount. We added a script to each menu item. These scripts recalculate the price of the order when a user selects the required discount (10% or 15%). The new amount is then displayed in the Discount Price field.
Found a typo? Highlight the text, press ctrl + enter and notify us