To migrate from the Standard edition to Enterprise, follow these steps:
- Make a dump of the current version of the system.
- Install the Enterprise edition on a new server.
- During the installation, specify connection strings to external data storage.
- Activate the server license via a web browser.
- If the PostgreSQL database you are using is located on an external server, run the following command:
elma365ctl restore --prepare
This command stops ELMA365 services and prepares the system for the data restoration procedure. Then you need to re-create the PostgreSQL database as described in the Prepare external databases article.
- After that, run the following command:
elma365ctl restore --path=/path/to/backup
It will restore the data and start ELMA365 services. The system will be available again within a few minutes after the command is completed.
Migrate data storage to an external server
Sometimes when the system is already up and running you may need to migrate data storage to an external server. To do this, use the same procedure as the one described for migration from ELMA365 Standard.
Found a typo? Highlight the text, press ctrl + enter and notify us