The Directories section stores auxiliary data used by the other CRM apps. For better usability, the data is presented as lists and tables. Only ELMA365 users with the access rights for create items can add new items in the Directories section.
In this section you can:
- create a list of Products provided by your company. You can bind items of the Product app to the items of the Leads app. For example, when adding a lead, you can specify the product the lead is interested in.
- specify Industries and Company size the businesses of your contractors belong to. Using these apps, you can find the companies the most interested in your products. The Industries and Company size apps are linked to the Companies app. When creating a new company, you can select the necessary item from the bound apps.
- add Marketing activities. On a marketing activity page, you can assign tasks to other employees and use the activity stream to discuss questions related to this activity.
- specify Lead sources. They can be incoming calls, a web-form on your site, a mailing list. The information collected in Lead sources can help you to understand which promotion channels that your company uses is the most effective.
The Directories and apps are the same things, so you can configure them as a usual app: set up business processes and custom forms, restrict access to data, add action buttons, etc. To open the directories settings, click the gear icon next to the corresponding app’s name. By default, the app’s items are displayed as a table. You can switch to the Kanban Board view by clicking the button at the top of the page.
Add a new item
The ways to add new items are the same for all the directories. You can either create new items manually or add them automatically using API.
Read more about adding new items through API in the ELMA365 Public API article.
In the Directories section you can add new items manually in two ways:
- Select an app and open its page. Then click the +Item Name button in the upper right corner of the page. It can be +Industry, for example.
- On an item’s page in a bound app click the +Create button or the icon. For example, when you create a company you can also create an industry the company belongs to.
When you create a new item in the Directories section the only field you must fill in is Name. The other fields can be specified later.
Found a typo? Highlight the text, press ctrl + enter and notify us