An app is an ELMA365 component intended for creating and storing app items and business processes. For example, the Contacts app stores data about companies or people that you provide services to, their addresses, phone numbers, and so on. Each company added to the app becomes an app item.
You can associate business processes with an app. In this case, data stored in the app will be automatically sent to the tasks assigned to users during the process execution. On each process stage, employees will receive all the information that they need to perform their tasks and make decisions.
An app can only be created within a workspace.
ELMA365 includes default built-in apps located in built-in workspaces. You don’t need additional configuration to start using them. These are:
- System apps workspace: My legal entities and External users.
- CRM workspace: Leads, Deals, Companies, and Contacts.
If you navigate to a built-in app’s page, a prefix underscore appears before its name in the address bar, for example: _clients/_contacts.
You cannot export a built-in app as an individual system component, nor is it possible to copy or delete it. These actions are only available for custom apps.
If other apps and workspaces have links to a built-in app, they can be exported. Let’s say you want to export the Contracts workspace, which utilizes a contract approval business process that is associated with the built-in app Companies. During export and subsequent import of the workspace, there will be no issues since every company in ELMA365 has an identical built-in app. However, if a custom app not associated with the Contracts workspace is incorporated in the process, an error will occur during export.
Actions with apps
In an app you can:
- Create app items (entries).
- Configure custom forms for item creation, viewing, and editing pages.
- Generate an app item name from a template.
- Configure access to the app and its items.
- Model business processes.
- Add action buttons.
- Configure app item statuses, which can be changed in a business process or manually.
- Change the list and order of apps in a workspace.
- Export and import data.
To learn more about apps, read these articles:
Found a typo? Highlight the text, press ctrl + enter and notify us