The Companies app stores detailed information about the companies you work with. To go to the app, open CRM > Companies.
Important features of the Companies app:
- Companies can be linked to a contact or a deal, or both. Companies can be linked to a contact, deal, lead or to all of these apps at the same time.
- The changes made to any of the linked app items also appear on the company’s page.
- One company can be linked to several deals, leads and contacts.
- You can create You can create for a company, for example, calls, webinars, emails. They will be shown on the company’s page.
- Companies is a system app. This means that other apps and workspaces can refer to companies and still can be downloaded as an .e365 or an ELMA365 Store file.
Add a new company
A new company can be added in several ways.
- On the Companies app page in the upper right corner click the +Company button.
- On any contact’s edit or create form click the +Create or button.
- On a deal’s edit form click on the +Create button.
- On a lead’s create or edit form click the +Create or button on the side panel of its view form.
By default, you only need to fill in the Name field when adding a new company. You can also enter a phone number, email address, TIN, or other data. Link a contact, a lead or a deal or specify the industry and the company size. To do this, select an element from the existing ones by clicking on the magnifying glass icon or add a new record by clicking on the +Create button.
The search bar is located at the top of the page. By using it, you can quickly find the desired company by name. You can use advanced parameters to narrow down your search. To do this, click on the icon in the search bar. In the window that opens, select additional parameters, for example, a company’s name and phone number.
If you plan to use the same set of search parameters multiple times, you can save it as a filter.
Companies can be displayed as tiles or a list. You can select the display mode in the upper right corner of the companies page.
For tiles, you can specify the data displayed on them, select their size, sort by different parameters and configure the display of system information.
For tables, you can configure the columns, sort records by parameters and specify the number of displayed rows.
For more information on displaying items see the Layout of App Items article.
Export and Import
By clicking on the gear icon next to the app’s name you can download the list of all companies as a file in an .xlsx or a .cvs format. In addition, you can also import a large amount of data to the system. To do this, click on the three dots in the upper right corner of the page and select the Data Export or Data Import option from the menu that opens.
Access to the companies database
ELMA365 allows you to flexibly configure access both to the whole Companies app and its individual items. For example, sales reps will be able to create, edit and delete records but other users will only view them. To do this, click on the gear icon next to the app’s name and select the Access Settings.
See a detailed description of the restricting/granting access settings in the Access Settings article.
You can view and edit company’s data and add a new contact, lead or a deal on the page.
The right panel allows you to create a new activity, for example a webinar, call, meeting or an email and view current company-related tasks. To do this, click +Task button and select an activity from the drop-down list. Then they will be displayed in the CRM Tasks section.
You can customize the page as you wish. For example, add or remove fields, make them required, add tabs, panels, additional buttons.
Only the users included in the Administrators group can configure the app's form.
To configure, click on the gear icon and select Form Settings.
You can read more about the form settings in the Configuring Forms in Advanced Mode article.
Found a typo? Highlight the text, press ctrl + enter and notify us