The Companies app stores detailed information about the companies you work with. To go to the app, open CRM > Companies.
Here are the main features of the Companies app:
- A company can be linked with a contact, a deal, or a lead as well as all of these apps at the same time.
- If a company is linked with a contact, a deal, or a lead, any changes in these objects appear on the company‘s page.
- One company can be linked with several deals, leads, and contacts.
- You can create CRM tasks for a company, for example, schedule calls, webinars, or emails. They will be shown on the company’s page.
- Companies is a system app. This means that other apps and workspaces can have links to Companies and still be exported to your PC as .e365 files or to ELMA365 Store.
Add a new company
There are several ways to add a new company.
- In the Companies app, in the upper right corner, click +Company.
- On the creation or editing page of a contact, click +Create or .
- On the view or editing page of a deal, click or +Create next to the Company field.
- On the creation, view, or editing page of a lead, click +Create or on the sidebar.
When adding a new company, fill out the required field Name on the creation form. You can also specify the contact phone number, the email address, the website, and other data. Moreover, you can link the company with a contact, a lead, or a deal or specify its industry and size. To do that, select the item from the existing ones by clicking the magnifying glass icon or add a new entry by clicking the +Create button.
The company’s data is displayed on its page. Here you can view the bank details and contacts, edit the information, and add a new contact, deal, or lead.
On the page’s sidebar, you can create new CRM tasks such as webinars, calls, meetings, or emails. All the current CRM tasks are also displayed here. To add a task, click the +Task button and select an activity from the drop-down list. The assigned tasks will be displayed in the CRM tasks section.
You can customize the page as you see fit. For example, add or delete fields, make them required, and add tabs, panels, or additional buttons.
Only users included in the Administrators group can configure forms of the Companies app.
To customize the app’s forms, click the gear icon next to its name. In the menu that opens, click Form Settings.
Read more about customizing forms in Configure forms in Advanced Mode.
Companies can be linked with other apps where a client company needs to be specified, for example, Orders. In this case, the company may have an additional tab with the list of all orders associated with it.
For each bound app, you can add a separate tab. You can edit the tabs or delete them if needed. Read more about this setting in the Associated items article.
Companies can be displayed as tiles or as a list. You can select the view in the upper right corner of the app page.
For tiles, you can specify their size and the fields that will be displayed on them, sort them by different parameters, and configure the display of system information.
For the table, you can configure the columns by selecting the properties to be displayed and sort the entries by parameters.
For more information on displaying items, see App item view.
At the top of the page, you can see the search bar. It allows you to quickly find the desired company by name. For advanced search, you can use Search by parameters. To do that, click the icon in the search bar. In the window that opens, select additional search parameters, for example, phone number or website.
Export and import
You can download the list of all companies to an .xlsx or a .csv file or import a large amount of data to the system. To do that, click the three dots icon in the upper right corner of the page. In the menu that opens, click Data Export or Data Import.
Access to the companies database
In ELMA365, you can flexibly configure access both to the whole Companies app or to its individual items. For example, sales reps will be able to create, edit, and delete entries in the app, while other users will only be able to view them. Read more about restricting or granting access to apps in the Access to app data.
Found a typo? Highlight the text, press ctrl + enter and notify us