ELMA365 provides the version control feature. A user can add a new version to a document created in the system, with the previous version marked as outdated.
All versions are shown on the sidebar of the document’s view page in the Document versions widget. You can view the list, compare the versions, and replace the current version with any of the previous ones.
Note that version comparison is only available for .docx files.
There are several ways to add a new version:
- Click on the button at the top of the document page and upload the new version of the file. If necessary, specify what changes were made in the Comment field.
- Click the Edit button on the document page and modify the file attached to the document.
- Make changes to the document in a business process by using a script. In this case, the new version will be generated automatically.
Information about all added document versions is displayed on the sidebar of the app item.
To see a full list of versions, click on the All Versions link.
Here you can download any version, restore a previous version by clicking the Make Сurrent button next to its name, and compare versions.
Version comparison is only available for .docx format files.
If a Document app item contains a .docx file, you can:
- Compare the current version with one of the older versions or with a newly uploaded file.
- Compare any two versions of the file.
The result will be shown in a new window.
On the sidebar of the view page, click Compare and select one of the options:
- With File. Upload a file of the same format and click Compare.
- With Version. Select a file version added before, and click Compare.
On the sidebar of an item’s view page, click All Versions. In the pop-up, click next to the name of the file and select the number of the version for comparison.
The comparison result document is shown in a separate window. All changes are highlighted. For details, hover over the highlighted text.
The new file will become the current version. It will be displayed in the list of versions on the item’s sidebar.
Found a typo? Highlight the text, press ctrl + enter and notify us