The Standard item form widget allows settings properties and parameters that will be displayed in the settings window of a custom widget.
This widget is placed on the edit form of the settings window of custom modules, and cannot be placed on other app forms.
Set up or delete the widget
To edit or delete the widget:
- Go to the interface designer where you are creating the custom widget.
- Go to the Context tab and click Create Form or Edit Form.
- Select the Standard item form widget on the canvas, then click the recycle bit icon to delete or the gear icon to edit the widget.
- Change the settings in the provided window.
- Item*. This field is defined automatically.
- Displayed fields*. The value in this field determines which parameters will be displayed in the custom widget's settings window: Main properties, Events or System properties. The value is set by default depending on the tab where the widget is located. To change it, click on the value and select another one from the list.
Events and System tabs
These tabs are for system settings that are the same for all the widgets. They allow you to configure a widget’s visibility and access to its data, define what happens, when the user moves or hovers the pointer over the widget, etc. Find out more in System widget settings.
To complete the settings, click Save. To make the changes available to users, click Save and Publish in the top toolbar.
Restore the widget
To add a deleted widget to the from once again, drag it from the designer's side panel to the modeling canvas, or click + Widget. In the provided window, click in the Displayed fields* field and click on <Not defined>. Then select the properties to be displayed in the widget.
Click Save in the top toolbar to apply the changed. Then go back to the custom widget's settings form by clicking in the top left corner of the page.
After you publish the widget, the form will become available to the users and will be displayed when the widget is placed on the modeling canvas.
Found a typo? Highlight the text, press ctrl + enter and notify us