There are two ways to create an app:
- Create an app from scratch
- Import a file with an app.
Only the users included in the Administrators group can create apps.
To create an app, click Add App in the left menu of a workspace.
In the window that opens, select how you want to create an app.
Your further steps will vary depending on the method you choose.
To add a new app, select Add and then Create.
In the window that opens, fill in the fields.
- App Name*. Enter an app name that will be displayed in the left menu of the workspace.
- Item Name. It is specified in the window for creating an app item and on the button for adding an app item.
- Type. Select the type of new app.
- Standard. Standard app that stores data entered by users.
- Document. Intended for creating documents. This app type has special features that facilitate document management. Among them is the possibility to upload, view, and edit a file on a document page, registration, and document number reservation.
- Event. The app that allows you to create events in the workspace calendar.
- Visibility. Specify, who can see the app name in the workspace left menu. You can edit these settings later.
- Visible to everyone. All the system users will be able to see the app.
- Only to administrators. Only the users included in the Administrators group will be able to see the app.
- App Icon. An app icon, that helps users find the app in the workspace left menu.
- View. Select how app items will be displayed: as tiles or as a table.
Fill in the required fields and click Create.
The Form Settings window containing two areas will open: on the left is the app item form, on the right is the properties panel. You can find more information about all the property types in this article.
To configure a form, drag and drop properties from the panel to the form. By using drag-and-drop, you can also rearrange the properties.
Each property on the form is a field, which users will need to fill in when creating a new app item. Select the fields that will be required .
Properties are displayed collapsed in the left part of the window. Click on a property to expand it and view all its options.
You can edit:
The property name that will be displayed on the forms for creating, viewing, and editing an app item.
Property code, used when working with API.
Additional information, which clarifies how to fill in the field on an app item form. E.g. "Enter a mobile phone number as +1 5ХХ ХХХ ХХ ХХ".
If you select this option, this field will be used as a parameter when searching an app item.
Each property has a set of parameters. For instance, for a Phone number property, you can specify its type - home, work, mobile, etc. For a Money property, you can select a currency, e.g. USD. To learn more about properties and their settings, read this article.
To delete a property, click in the property row. Note, that the property with the icon is the key variable. It cannot be deleted because it is used to generate an app item name.
To learn more about form settings, read this article.
After configuring the form, click Save.
By default, the form you configured will open when creating, viewing and editing an app item. If you want to set up different forms for creating, viewing and editing, use the Advanced Mode.
You can import an app to your company by uploading a .e365 file. Business processes, groups, and statuses will be imported with the app.
To start importing, click Upload file.
Select an .e365 file to upload from your PC or from ELMA365 files.
In the window that opens, you can edit the app information.
- Name*. Specify the app name that will be displayed in the left menu of the workspace.
- App URL*. Generated automatically, based on the app name. It is used for quick access to the app.
- Description. This field displays the information which a user has specified when exporting the workspace
After that, click Next.
Сlick on the icon and select a job position or an employee from the list.
After that, click Install.
Found a typo? Highlight the text, press ctrl + enter and notify us