There are two ways to create an app:
Only users included in the Administrators group can create apps.
- In the left menu of a workspace, click the +Add button.
- In the window that opens, select how you want to create an app.
Your further steps will vary depending on the method you choose.To add a new app, select Add and then Create.
- Fill out the fields with information about the app.
- App Name*. Enter a name that will be displayed in the left menu of the workspace.
- App URL. A link to the app that is formed automatically based on the app’s name. While you're creating the app, you can edit this link. It will be used in the future to access the app.
- Item Name. Specify the name of the button for adding a new app item that will be displayed on the app’s page.
- Type. Select the type of new app.
- Standard. Standard app that stores data entered by users.
- Event. An app that allows you to create events in the calendar.
- Document. An app intended for creating documents. Document type apps type have special features that facilitate document management. They allow you to upload, view, and edit a file on a document’s page, register documents, and reserve registration numbers.
- Visibility. Specify who can see the app in the workspace’s left menu. You can change these settings later, selecting groups of employees who can work with the app.
- Visible to everyone. All the system users will be able to see the app.
- Only to administrators. Only the users included in the Administrators group will be able to see the app.
- App Icon. A small image assigned to the app that users will see in the workspace’s left menu. Icons help users find apps faster.
- View. Select how app items will be displayed: as tiles or as a table.
- When you fill in the required fields, click the Create button.
- On the next step, you need to configure the app’s form.
The Form Settings window containing two areas will open: on the left you can see the app item form and on the right, the properties panel. You can find more information about all the property types in System data types.
To set up the form, drag and drop properties from the panel to the form. By using drag-and-drop, you can also rearrange the properties.
Each property on the form is a field that users will need to fill in when creating a new app item. Specify which fields will be required by marking them with .
In the left part of the window, properties are collapsed. Click on a property to expand it and view all its options.
You can edit:
The property’s name that will be displayed on the forms for creating, viewing, and editing an app item.
The property’s code that will be used when working with APIs.
Additional information that clarifies how to fill in the field on an app item form. For example, “Enter a mobile phone number in the +1 5ХХ ХХХ ХХ ХХ format”.
If you select this option, this field will be used as a parameter when searching an app item.
Each property has a set of parameters. For instance, for a Phone number type property, you can specify its type (home, work, mobile, etc.). For a Money type property, you can select a currency, for example, USD. Learn more about properties and their settings in this article.
To delete a property, click in the property row. Note that the property with the icon is the key variable. It cannot be deleted because it is used to generate app item names.
Learn more about form settings in App item forms.
- After configuring the form, click Save.
By default, the form you configured will open when creating, viewing, or editing an app item of the app. If you want to set up different forms for creation, view, and editing, use the Advanced Mode.
You can import an app to your company by uploading a .e365 file. Business processes, groups, and statuses associated with the app will be imported with it.
To upload a file, follow these steps:
- In the workspace’s left menu, click the +Add button and select Upload file.
- Select an .e365 file to upload from your PC or from your ELMA365 files. Click Next.
- In the window that opens, you can edit the app’s data if needed.
- Name*. Specify the app name that will be displayed in the left menu of the workspace.
- App URL*. The link is generated automatically, based on the app’ name. It is used quickly access the app.
- Description. This field displays the information which specified when exporting the app.
- When you finish, click Next.
- At the next step, configure the initial settings of the app. Add users to groups and assign roles. To do that, click on the icon and select a job position or an employee from the list.
- Click Install.
The app that you're importing will be checked for errors. If an error is found (for example, if the structure of the user groups is broken), you will see a notification. In this case, the app cannot be imported.
- When the app is successfully installed, click the Open App button in the window.
In the app, you can create app items and business processes, edit forms and configure statuses. Moreover, you can change the app’s name, the name of its items, its icon, and its description. To learn more, read the App settings article.
Found a typo? Highlight the text, press ctrl + enter and notify us