Folders are used to store and organize files. You can create and edit new folders, as well as manage access to them.
Users work with folders in the Files workspace. To go there, click on the workspace name in the left menu on the main page.
The workspace contains the following default folders:
- Favorite. This folder stores links to important and frequently used files to this folder. From here you will easily navigate to a document or open a specific folder. Read how to add files to Favorite in Actions with folders.
- My Files. Use this folder to store your documents. By default, the people who have access to the folder are you, the administrator of ELMA365, and your manager (according to the organizational chart). If you want to, you can share this folder with other coworkers as well.
- Company Files. This folder ensures team collaboration. If you have enough permissions, you can create new folders and configure access to them. For example, you can create an individual folder to store contracts or folders for each department of the company. The number of folders and files stored in them is limited by the free drive space.
- Recycle Bin. Unnecessary files are moved to the Recycle Bin. Only the administrator can delete the contents of the recycle bin from the drive. Until that happens, the files in the Recycle Bin can be restored.
- Users. Access to this folder is available to managers and users who are part of the Administrators group. It contains files created during the execution of business processes, documents shared by specific users in chats and channels, app data, avatars, etc. A manager can view the files of their subordinates in this folder, while a system administrator can see the files of all users.
Create a new folder
You can create your own folders only inside My Files or Company Files.
There are two ways to create a new folder:
1. Click the button in the upper right corner of the page:
2. Click on the link inside an empty folder:
The path to the new folder is shown at the top of the page. In addition, the folder location can be viewed in the folder tree on the left part of the Files workspace.
Read more about how to rename, move and delete folders, create a link to them and manage access in this Actions with folders.
Found a typo? Highlight the text, press ctrl + enter and notify us