Folders are used to store and organize files. You can create and edit new folders, as well as manage access to them.
Users work with folders in the Files workspace. To go there, click on the section name in the left menu on the main page.
By default, the following folders are located here:
- Favorite. You can add links to important and frequently used files to this folder. Then you will easily navigate to the file page or open a specific folder. Read how to add files to Favorite in this article.
- My Files. Use this folder to store your documents. By default access to the folder is given is to you, the administrator of QuickBPM, and your manager (according to the organizational chart). If you want you can share this folder with your colleagues.
- Company Files. This folder lets you share multiple files at once and ensures team collaboration. If you have enough permissions, you can create new folders inside Company Files and configure access to them. For example, you can create an individual folder to store contracts or folders for each department of the company. The number of folders and files stored in them is limited by the free drive space.
- Recycle Bin. Unnecessary files are moved to the Recycle Bin. Only the administrator can delete the contents of the recycle bin from the drive. Before this happens, the files in the Recycle Bin can be restored.
- Users. Only members of the Administrators group have access to this folder. This folder stores files created during the execution of business processes, documents shared by specific users in chats and channels, app data, avatars, etc.
How to create a folder
You can create your own folders only inside My files or Company folders.
There are two ways to create a new folder:
1. Click the button in the upper right corner of the page:
2. Click on the link inside an empty folder:
The path to the new folder is shown at the top of the page. In addition, the folder location can be viewed in the folder tree on the left part of the Files workspace.
Read about how to rename, move and delete folders, create a link to them and manage access in this article.
Found a typo? Highlight the text, press ctrl + enter and notify us