When working in ELMA365, it is useful to link apps, for example, Contracts and Supplemental Agreements. By placing a link to the Supplemental Agreements app on the form of the Contracts app, you will be able to create new supplemental agreements directly from a contract’s page.
Consider another example. The HR department uses the CV and Interviews apps for working with candidates. A recruiter can open a CV and immediately arrange an interview with the candidate. He or she would only need to click the button on the CV’s page instead of going to the Interviews app.
The new interview entry will appear both on the CV’s page and in the Interviews app.
Let’s use the example above to see in more detail how to work with linked apps.
Since we want users to be able to add several interviews to the page of one CV, we need to select Many in the CV property’s settings. Otherwise, users will only be able to add one interview.
Please note that if the Bound apps setting is enabled, the button will be unavailable.
Once the form is configured and saved, users will be able to create new interviews directly on CVs’ pages.
Set up the creation button
Based on the same example, let’s see how to change the settings of the creation button. Open the view form of the CV app and switch to the Advanced Mode. It is impossible to configure the creation button in the standard mode.
In the window that opens, go to the App Item tab.
- Show a button that allows users to add new items. Uncheck the box to hide the creation button from the view form.
- Create Item Button. Select how a new item needs to be added. In our example, three options are available: <Standard creation>, + Interview and Interview candidate.
Let’s consider these options in more detail.
- <Standard creation>. This is the default option that is not related to the particular app’s settings. When a user clicks the plus button, a standard window for creating a new interview opens.
The user manually fills out the fields, and the interview is added both to the Interviews app and to the CV’s page.
- + Interview. This option works the same way as the button for creating app items located on the app page. It is very useful if you have configured default values for new items. In this case, some fields will be prefilled, so work will go faster and with fewer mistakes.
Let’s say that there is a Candidate field in the Interviews app. You can change the settings so that it is filled out automatically with the candidate’s name taken from the CV.
Read more about automatically prefilled fields in the Default values for new items article.
- Interview candidate. There is a business process linked with the Interviews app named Interview candidate. During this process, a new Interview item is created. If you select this option, the plus button will launch the Interview candidate process. It includes the following stages: the recruiter selects a date for the interview; the Head of the department who is looking for a new employee approves the date and prepares materials for the interview, and the interview is added to the calendar.
On this step, the new item of the Interviews app is created. It is added both to the Interviews app and to the page of the CV that the process was launched from.
Found a typo? Highlight the text, press ctrl + enter and notify us