In the personal Calendar users can schedule events and monitor their tasks. Apart from the personal calendar, ELMA365 has calendar-type apps. Events from these apps also appear in a user's personal calendar. To learn more, see Event apps.
Let's say the HR department uses two calendars created via event apps: one for interviews and one for department meetings. In the first calendar, the HR employees add meetings with applicants manually. In the events of the second calendar, each HR employee is added as a participant. In this case, an HR employee's personal calendar will display both the interviews and department meetings.
Here is what the personal calendar of an employee may look like:
- The counter on the left panel shows the number of events scheduled for the current date. The counter doesn't show closed events.
- The left menu features the following calendars.
- My Events is the personal calendar of the current user;
- My Department is displayed for heads of departments and contains calendars of their subordinates. Click Show more to open the My Department page;
- Available to Me is displayed if the current user has been given access to the calendar of another user. Click Show more to open the list of all the available calendars.
- Events are displayed in calendar cells. The events that have ended are crossed out.
- The toolbar is located above the calendar:
Change view: calendar or schedule;
Go to the current day;
Switch between periods, for example, months;
Chosen display period: month, week, day;
Create a new event. If you try to schedule more than one event for the same time slot, the system will show you a warning.
By default, the first day of the week in the calendar is Monday. Users included in the Administrators group can change it for Sunday. Also, it is possible to change the week numbering format. To learn more, see Company settings.
Share your calendar
You can allow other users to access your calendar and events:
- In the calendar's toolbar, click on the gear icon and select Share My Calendar.
- On the provided page, click +Add and specify users, a user group and or an org chart item to share your calendar with.
- Select the types of permissions and click Save.
Your calendar will be added to the Available to Me section of the Calendar workspace of the selected users.
Found a typo? Highlight the text, press ctrl + enter and notify us