You can apply the same advanced access settings to all items in an app, both existing and new.
Only users included in the Administrators group can grant and restrict permissions.
Before you start configuring access to all items of an app, make sure that the employees you want to grant additional permissions are included in the groups that have access to the workspace and access to the app. If an employee is not included in the groups specified in the workspace’s and app’s settings, all additional permissions will be ignored, and the app won’t be shown to the user in the left menu. Nevertheless, the employee can get access to app items by opening them via direct links.
To manage permissions:
- Click the gear icon to the right of the app’s name and select Access Settings.
- Enable the following options: Restrict access to data > Restrict access to app.
- Select who you want to assign permissions to. To do that, click the +Add button.
- In the window that opens, select a user, a user group or an org chart item. For example, you can set permissions for all employees included in the “Accounting department” group.
- In the corresponding row, tick the types of access permissions you want to grant the user, group, or org chart item. For example, employees included in the “Accounting department” group shouldn’t be able to create or delete app items in the “Orders” app.
- Click the Save button.
Found a typo? Highlight the text, press ctrl + enter and notify us