You can restrict access to all items in an app at once. This is the most general type of access restriction. Use it if all data in an app should be available to all users working with this app. You can set up different permissions depending on the user’s position.
For example, any employee in the HR department can view all job openings, but only the manager can edit and delete them.
Only users included in the Administrators group can grant and restrict permissions to app items.
- You can select a different access restriction option:
- Employees who regularly work with an app should be granted access to the workspace it belongs to and to the app itself. Then they will be able to see all the data that they have access to by opening the app via the left menu.
- If some employees need one-time access to specific app items, for example, in business process tasks, they don’t need access to the workspace and app. They can open the app item page using a direct link, for example, from tasks.
To manage permissions:
- Click the gear icon to the right of the app’s name and select Access Settings.
- Enable the following options: Restrict access to data > Restrict access to app.
- Select who you want to assign permissions to. To do that, click the +Add button.
- In the window that opens, select a user, a user group or an org chart item. For example, you can set permissions for all employees included in the Accounting department group.
- In the corresponding row, tick the types of access permissions you want to grant. For example, employees included in the Accounting department group shouldn’t be able to create or delete app items in the Orders app.
- Click the Save button.
See another example of restricting access to all items in the app in the Combinations of access permissions article.
Found a typo? Highlight the text, press ctrl + enter and notify us