You can connect each ELMA365 account with one email address. To link an email to your account, follow these steps:
- Open the User profile settings. You can do it in two ways:
- Open the Email workspace in the left menu and click Connect Email in the center of the page.
- click your name in the upper right corner of any page in the system and select Settings. In the User settings window, click Email in the left menu.
- Fill out the Connection settings.
- Service*. Select one of the providers from the list: Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, or Office365.
If you are using an email with a corporate domain, choose Other and fill out the SMTP and IMAP settings.
The SMTP and IMAP server names are entered using dots and formed as follows: the protocol name, the domain or email service provider, the port. The connection security settings that the port number depends on are configured by the administrator who created the email.
You can find server parameters in the settings of your current email client. For example, in Mozilla Thunderbird, open the Account Settings and click Outgoing Server (SMTP). You can also get the protocol connection parameters from the administrator who set up your corporate domain.
- SMTP settings:
- SMTP server*. Specify the protocol parameters of the outgoing mail server and the port you’re using. You can use the following SMTP ports: 25, 465, and 587. Example: smtp.myserver.com:465.
- Use TLS. Check this box if your mail service transfers data via an encrypted connection.
- IMAP settings:
- IMAP server*. Specify the protocol parameters of the incoming mail server and the port you’re using. The commonly used IMAP ports are 143 and 993. Example: imap.myserver.com:993.
- Connection protection. Select the type of data encryption that the server uses. The options include No, STARTTLS, and TLS.
- Login*. Specify your email login.
- Password*. Specify your email password.
- When you enter the login and password, the Test connection button will appear. Click it to make sure the connection with the server is established successfully.
Note that for some email services, you will need additional settings to grant the system access to your email. For example, to use Gmail, open your Google Account, click Security in the left-hand side menu, find the Signing in to Google section and click App passwords (2-Step Verification needs to be set up for your account). Enter your Google login and password. At the bottom of the page, click Select App and choose Other (Custom name). Enter the name (for example, ELMA365) and click Generate. Use the generated password in the Password field in the Account settings.
- Write a signature in the Signature settings.
The signature will be displayed at the end of emails you send. You can always edit it in User settings > Email.
- In the Email notifications section, you can enable pop-up notifications. To do that, select one of the options from the drop-down list: Notifications on or Notifications off.
To disable ELMA365 email notifications on your mobile phone, check the Change settings for mobile app and select Do not notify.
In these notifications, you will see the author and the subject of the new email. Click the notification to quickly open the page of the email.
- Click Save.
Your email will be synchronized with the email client. Fifty most recent incoming emails will be loaded into the Email workspace so that you can start using it.
You can delete an email and change the email provider account. All emails imported into the Email workspace will be deleted. Note that if you linked an email with an app item, it will be shown on the item’s page even after you delete the email.
To disconnect an email, open the user settings and select Email in the left menu. At the bottom of the window, click Delete account. The email will be disconnected from the user account, and you will be able to connect another email to it using the instructions above.
Found a typo? Highlight the text, press ctrl + enter and notify us