Apart from internal users, you can import external users into ELMA365. They will be able to interact only with the external portal.
To avoid any unexpected errors, we recommend that you first import users into a test environment or create a backup copy of the system configuration before import.
To add external users, do the following:
- In the AD/LDAP module’s settings, enable the Import external users option and specify the parameters in the Path to external users and External users filter fields.
- Go to External users and click Import.
- In the drop-down list, select the server from which you want to import the users. You will see a list of all users with their login, full name, email address, and status.
- Click Import All to import all users from the list. Alternatively, you can import specific users by selecting them in the list and clicking the Import button.
- Provide the imported users access to the portal. To do that, go the to portal’s page and click the gear icon.
- In the window that opens, switch to the Authentication tab.
- In LDAP/AD settings, select the system from which you imported the users. Then specify a filter for external users corresponding with the filter specified in the integration module’s settings.
After that, the imported external users will be able to sign in to the portal using their login and password from AD/LDAP. If authentication using a phone number is enabled on the portal, users can log in by using the phone number specified in their profile and entering the one-time code sent to them.
Please note that if you don’t specify a filter for external users, access will be provided to all external users imported from all the servers added to the AD/LDAP integration module.
Found a typo? Highlight the text, press ctrl + enter and notify us