Only the users included in the Administrators group can customize buttons.
How to customize buttons
Open the creation, view or edit page of an app item. Click the gear icon in the bottom left corner.
The gear icon will appear next to the button that can be customized. Click on it to open the settings.
Here you can change the button's parameters. Please note that the available parameters depend on the type of the page and the settings of the app item.
- Button text. The name of the button on the item page. This is a required field.
- Color. The color of the button on the item page.
- Show . Specify when the button will be visible to the users:
- Always. The button will be displayed regardless of the user's access permissions.
- If creating is allowed. The button will only be visible to users who have permissions to create app items. This option is available only for creation pages.
- If editing is allowed. The button will only be visible to users who have permissions to edit app items. This option is available only for editing and view pages.
- If deleting is allowed – the button will only be visible to users who have permissions to delete app items. This option is available only for editing pages.
- Only for selected statuses. This option is available for the view page of an app with configured statuses. The button will be displayed only on pages of items with statuses that you have selected.
- Start the process after editing the object. The selected business process will start after the button is clicked. This option is available only for buttons on creation and editing pages. Check this box and then select a process that belongs to the current app.
- Link with field. Specify a process context variable that will store the app item.
Click Save to apply changes.
How to add new buttons
New buttons can be added only onto view pages of app items.
To add a button, open a view page and click the gear icon in the bottom left corner.
The plus icon will appear next to the Edit button. Click on it and select the button that you want to add from the list.
The following buttons are available: Edit, Delete, and Start process. The selected button will appear on the app page. To customize it, click the gear icon to the right of its name. For apps with configured statuses, the Change status status button is available.
The Edit button is customized as described above. You can change its name, color, and visibility to users.
Apart from the basic settings there are additional options available for the Delete button:
- Comment is required. If you check this box, users will be required to leave a comment when deleting an item.
- When removing an item. With this option you can define the system's behavior when a user deletes an app item. It is only available for apps with configured statuses, one of which is final. By default, when an app item is deleted, all the processes where it is used are interrupted.
- Interrupt processes and remove. All the processes that are using this item will be interrupted. The item will be removed from the app page. You can find a deleted item through search by parameters.
- Interrupt processes and set status. All the processes that are using this item will be interrupted. The item will not be removed from the app page and its status will change to the final status.
Process Start button
Apart from the basic settings, there are additional options available for the Process Start button:
- Business process*. Select a business process that must start when a user clicks this button. The business process must belong to the current app.
- Link with the field. Specify a process context variable that will store the app item.
- Configure input parameters. Select fields in the process context and corresponding fields in your app. When the process starts, the process fields will be prefilled with the data from the app fields.
- Display form next to the button. Check this box if you want the process start form to be displayed above the button and not in a separate window.
- Form size. Select the size of the process start form. It can be standard, small, medium or large.
Apart from the basic settings, there are additional options available for the Change status button:
In the New status field, specify what status should be assigned to the app item when the button is clicked, for example, "Order canceled".
When the user clicks on the status change button, a comment window appears.
If a user leaves a comment, it will be displayed on the item's page side panel.
How to delete a button from the app page
Open the button settings and click the recycle bin icon in the top left corner. Then click the Delete link to confirm.
Found a typo? Highlight the text, press ctrl + enter and notify us