In ELMA365, the Kanban board view helps you monitor the progress of a business process. For example, you can see how many orders are currently being processed, check their processing stages, and see whether there are overdue tasks associated with them.
How to use a Kanban board
First, create a business process that will describe the app’s behavior. For example, the process associated with the Order app will include all operations employees need to perform, from processing the order to delivering the product to the customer.
Next, set up order statuses and add them to the process. Statuses of an order may be Pending, Awaiting Shipment, Shipped, Delivered, and Cancelled.
As the process is being executed, the status of the order changes automatically, and the order item moves to the next column of the Kanban board from left to right. The colored indicators next to app items’ names help you make sure that tasks associated with them are completed on time. A gray dot means that there are tasks associated with the item, but they aren’t overdue. A yellow dot means that the deadline for a task is within less than a day. Finally, a red dot marks items with overdue tasks.
The task itself, the responsible user, and the current status of the item are indicated on the item’s page, in the sidebar.
Set up the Kanban board view
Open the app page. In the top right corner, select the Kanban board view.
Each column represents a certain app status. Columns representing final statuses have a different background color.
As the business process is being executed, the app item’s status changes, and the item moves accordingly on the Kanban board.
You can expand an item on the Kanban board to see detailed information.
If you click a column name, a page with a table listing all app items in this status will open.
If manual status change is enabled, users can drag items from one column to another, and their statuses will change accordingly. However, we recommend that you avoid using this option, as automatic change of statuses offers better control and transparency.
Only users with the permission to edit app items in the app can drag and drop items on the Kanban board.
To manage settings of the Kanban board, click the board in the top right corner of the app page and select Board settings.
In the settings window, you can set up the board itself and the display of app items.
- List width. Select the width of the board’s columns.
- Sort. Specify which field needs to be used to sort app items: name, zip code, creation date, author, edit date, editor, deletion date, or status. By default, items are sorted by the date they were created. Next, choose if the items need to be sorted in ascending or descending order.
- Additional sorting. Select a field for secondary sorting of app items. For example, if app items are sorted by the Name field and some of them have identical names, you can set additional sorting by creation date.
- Field total. Here you can select any field of the Money or Number type, for example, Contract amount. The total amount calculated for all items in a certain status will be displayed under the name of the corresponding Kanban board column. Users will only be able to see the total amount for the items they have the permission to view.
- Show system information. Check this box if you want items to feature information about the author and the date they were created.
- Show tasks. Select this option if you want active business process tasks to be displayed on the board item.
- Expand item. By default, items on the Kanban board are collapsed. If you want all the fields you specify in the settings to always be shown, check this box.
- Item's fields. Select the fields that will be shown in an item on the Kanban board. Two fields are added by default. You can change their values by selecting other fields from the drop-down list. If you need to add more fields, click +Field and select the property you need. Please note that these fields will be the same for all the items of the current app.
To delete a field, click the minus sign to the right of its name.
After you finish setting up the fields, click Save.
Found a typo? Highlight the text, press ctrl + enter and notify us