You can create custom extensions for the ELMA365 platform. For example, you can customize new widgets for forms or business processes activities with complex logic. Such extensions can be used multiple times for different tasks. You can create an integration with a third-party system or add your API method.
To create a custom extension:
- Go to Administration > Extensions.
- Click the + Extension button.
- In the window that opens, select the Create option.
- Come up with a name for the extension, give a short description and choose an icon.
- Click Create.
After that, the extension management page will open. Extension configuration settings are broken down into six tabs:
- Common. The tab contains general information about the extension: name, icon, short and full description, link to the documentation that describes the extension usage, the name of the developer who created this extension, a link to the developer's site.
- Settings. The tab contains the global properties of the extension.
- Widgets. You can add custom widgets for business process forms, apps,workspace pages, and more on this tab.
- API Methods. On this tab, you can create extension methods accessible from external systems. For example, it can be a method of a business process start from an external application. You can call such methods from scripts on widget, process and page forms.
- Business process activities. You can add new business process activities on this tab.
- Processes. You can add business processes that are used within an extension and are used to customize activities.
You can download the configured extension can as an .e365 file. See the article "Custom extension export" for details.The users from another company do not have access to the management page of the imported extension.