The Live Chat Messages widget is used to display message history in Live Chats sessions. Placing it on an app form allows viewing chats on app item pages. This feature is used by:
- Operators and supervisors. Operators can reply to messages in sessions assigned to them and create new ones.
- Users without access to the Live Chats workspace. If a group that the user belongs is granted the read permission to sessions, they can view them on the pages of other apps.
The Live Chat Messages widget can be used only on forms of apps that have:
- An Account type property.
- An App type property linked with an app with an Account type field in its context.
To configure the widget:
- Drag it from the right-side panel of the interface designer to the modeling canvas or click the +Widget button. Read more about placing widgets on app forms in the Form templates article.
- In the window that opens, configure the widget’s settings.
In the Show history field, specify what type of sessions need to be displayed:
- By account. Select this option if you want to find sessions linked with the same account and view communications with the same customer from all live chats.
- Account field. Click <Select> and specify an Account type field from the context of the current app or an app bound with it.
- By app item. Select this option to view communications from all live chats associated with the same deal or request.
- App. Click <Select>. Choose Current item to display all messages associated with items of the app whose form you are configuring. You can also choose another app with an Account type field from the current app’s context.
- Save the settings.
- To make the widget available to users, click Save and Publish on the top panel of the interface designer.
A customer registered in the Contacts app sends messages to both live chats. Two separate sessions are created in ELMA365. After finding out initial information about the customer, the operators link the sessions with the contact using the +Bind button. After that the messenger accounts that the customer used to contact your organization are added to the contact’s page. The contact’s name is now displayed on the right pane of both sessions. Operators can go from sessions to the contact’s page and view information about the customer.
You want communications with the customer from all sessions to be displayed on the contact’s page. To do that, you can create a separate tab on the view form of the Contacts app and add the Live Chat Messages widget to it. In the widget’s settings, select the By account option and choose the Accounts field from the app’s context.
Messages can be viewed by operators and supervisors of the live chats the sessions were created in as well as by viewers who have the read permission for these sessions. The operator responsible for the session can communicate with the customer within the widget. Operators and supervisors can also create new sessions by clicking +New Session and selecting the live chat and the customer’s account in the window that opens.
By app item
Let’s say two customers from the same company message to live chats that have the Deals app selected for registering requests in the settings. Two separate sessions are created, and operators bind them to the same app item, for example, to one deal.
If you want all conversations associated with the deal to be available on its page, add the Live Chat Messages widget to the view form of the Deals app. In its settings, select the By app item option and choose Current item.
Now operators can communicate with the customers on the deal’s page, writing messages in the sessions assigned to them. Operators and supervisors can also use the widget to create new sessions. To do that, they need to click +New Session. In the window that opens, they select the live chat, the contact, and the account that the message needs to be sent to.
Found a typo? Highlight the text, press ctrl + enter and notify us