Portal pages are sets of data configured with widgets. They are set up in the same way as standard pages in the system.
You can create custom pages with app lists, buttons for creating app items and launching business process, activity streams, etc.
When enabling the portal you can select its configuration:
- Empty. An empty Main page will be automatically added to the portal. Select this option if you you want to add your own custom pages and set them up from scratch.
- Use template. The portal will contain one Main page and three default pages with a header, Portal navigation widget, right and left panes, and a footer.
When you select the Empty option, an empty Main page is added to the portal. It cannot be deleted. You can fill it up with widgets or add custom pages. To do this:
- Click the +Page button in the top right corner.
- Come up with a name for the page.
The page's URL is generated automatically and is used to get quick access to the page.
- Click Create to complete the configuration. After that, the new page is created and you can now fill it up with widgets.
- Click on the page's name in the list to open the interface designer. Read more about setting up widgets in Add a widget to a page.
When you have finished setting up the page, save and publish it.
- To apply your settings, save and publish the page
The default Main page can be customized in the interface designer in the same way as the custom pages you have created.
The portal template consists of one Main page and three preset pages. Each page contains:
- Portal header widget that features the Exit button and your company's logo.
- Portal navigation widget for switching between portal pages.
- Additional portal elements: header, left and right panes, and a footer. You can disable the display of these elements.
To use the template, enable the portal and select the Use template option. In the window that opens, enter a name for each page.
Then click Save. The portal administration page opens.
Here pages are displayed in the same order as they will be shown to external users when they open the portal. You can drag and drop the pages in the list to change their order.
Edit the preset pages
To edit a default template page, go to the Interface designer. To do that, click on the page's name in the list.
Alternatively, you can click on the gear icon next to the page's name and select Widget Builder.
In the Interface designer you can:
- add more widgets with data to the page. Read more about setting up widgets in Add a widget to a page.
- disable the display of default elements: header, left and right panes, or footer. To do that, click Settings in the top toolbar of the designer and deselect the elements.
Once you finish the setup, click Save, and then Publish in the top toolbar.
Add more pages
If needed, you can add more pages to the portal and set them up as described above.
Please note that when adding a new page you can also select the Use template option. The new page will then contain the same elements as the preset portal pages.
Preview and edit a page
To check what a page will look like to the end users, click Preview in the top right corner of the page or the icon next to the page’s name.
To edit a page, click the gear icon next to its name. The following options are available:
- Widget Builder. Opens the Interface designer.
- Page settings. You can change the name of the page or copy it's URL.
- Copy page.
- Delete page.
Found a typo? Highlight the text, press ctrl + enter and notify us