You can connect a live chat to Telegram so that customers can send their requests using the instant messenger, while operators will be able to answer them directly from an ELMA365 chat. The chat history for each client will be saved within the system.
Only users included in the Administrators group can configure live chats and connect them to messengers.
You can connect several available instant messengers to one live chat. Each messenger account can be linked to one live chat.
To connect the Telegram messenger to the live chat:
- Go to Administration> Live Chats workspace.
- Select a live chat from the list or create a new one by clicking the + Live Chat button in the upper right corner.
- Go to the Messengers tab and click the button.
- In the opened window, enter a name of the channel. For example, "Support service". Then click the Connect button.
- Enter the phone number that the account is connected to and click the Send button.
- A confirmation code will be sent to the specified number. Enter it in the Confirmation code field.
- After verification the Telegram account will be connected to the live chat.
To disconnect a live chat from the Telegram channel, click the button next to the channel name. Its status will change from Active to Disconnected. Later you can reconnect the channel to the live chat by clicking this button.
If necessary, you can change the channel name by clicking the pencil icon, or delete it by clicking the Recycle Bin icon.
Found a typo? Highlight the text, press ctrl + enter and notify us