When someone writes to a live chat, all operators of this live chat receive an alert, and a counter of new query appears in the lower left corner of the main page. The first free operator can take the session to work. To do this, he or she needs to click on the counter.
- The red counter on the Live chats workspace icon shows unread and unassigned sessions, depending on the employee's role. So, an employee who is an operator only will see the number of unread sessions. If the employee is a supervisor, then he or she will see the total number of unassigned sessions. An employee who is both an operator and a supervisor will see the total number of unread and unassigned sessions in all the live chats.
- The blue counter at the bottom of the screen shows operators the total number of new unassigned sessions in their live chats.
- The red icon next to the session name indicates the number of unread messages in that session.
- The New icon is placed opposite an unassigned session in the general list of sessions.
Clicking on the counter opens a page with a chat session.
The menu on the left displays all live chats to which operators and supervisors have access. Sessions in any live chat are broken down into several groups. Operators can access the My Chats, Unassigned Chats, and Closed Chats groups.
Supervisors have access to all the unassigned, active, and closed sessions of the particular live chat.
In the center of the page, the dialog between the operator and the client is displayed. To the right of the message you can see the instant messenger icon the client contact you from.
To close the session, click on icon next to the client's name. The chat history will be saved in the system and will be shown in the chat the next time this client sends a message to the live chat.
If in the live chat's settings you specified an app for creating items directly from the chat, a button will appear next to the customer's name. By clicking on it, the operator can create an item of the selected app, for example, a request or a complaint.
To the right of the chat is the Customer Information panel. The Assign operator button is available for supervisors and operators. Using it, you can re-assign the session to another operator by selecting him or her from the list. Below is the information about the customer: name and avatar.
If in the live chat's settings you bound an app for registering customers, and the live chat itself is connected to instant messengers, the Account section will appear at the bottom of the information panel. In this section, operators can create records of customers who have contacted the company.
Live chat search
At the top of the live chats workspace is the search bar. By default, the search is performed by chats and messages:
- if a specific chat is open, then the search will go by its name and by the history of messages in this chat,
- if no chat is open, then the search will go only by the names of the chats.
Other that that, the search is performed in the same way as in chats in the Messages workspace.