When someone sends a message to a live chat, all operators of this live chat receive an alert, and a counter of new request appears in the lower left corner of the main page.
- The red counter on the Live Chats workspace icon shows the number of unread messages in sessions assigned to the operator or supervisor.
- The blue counter at the bottom of the page shows the operators the total number of new unassigned sessions in their live chats.
- is shown to operators;
- is shown to supervisors.
- The red icon next to the session name indicates the number of unread messages in that session.
- The New icon is placed opposite an unassigned session in the general list of sessions.
To reply to an incoming message in a new session any available operator clicks the blue counter in the bottom left corner of the page. The session page opens.
- The left menu of the workspace features Reports that are used to analyze the operation of your chat center. There are two default types of reports:
- Operators' Performance that shows metrics for each operator in the selected live chat;
- Live Chat Performance that shows the overall performance and number of requests in a live chat.
- The lower section of the left menu shows all the live chats the current operator or supervisor has access to. In each live chat, the chats grouped as follows:
- Active sessions are all the sessions in the live chats. This group of sessions is shown only to live chat supervisors;
- Closed sessions are sessions where the conversation is over;
- Queue features new unassigned sessions;
- My sessions are the sessions assigned to the current user. The +New Session button is available below the list of sessions. It allows you to start a new session with an external users if the live chat is connected to an instant messenger or an email account.
- The conversation between the operator and the customer is displayed in the center of the page. If the customer contacted you through an instant messenger, the messenger's icon is displayed to the right of the message. When you have finished the conversation, click Close Session. Supervisors and all the live chat's operators will see a notification in their activity stream. The session becomes inactive but the chat history is kept in the system and will be shown the next time the customer sends you a message.
- the name of the live chat and the session, and the date of the first message. You can edit the name of the session by clicking the pencil icon;
- the designated operator or group that the operator belongs to. Use the icon to reassign the session to another operator or group of operators specified in the live chat's settings. If the operator of the general group that initially received the message does not have the expertise to process the request, he or she can reassign the session to an expert group, for example, to the Accounting Department. The operator or group of operators will see a notification about the session having been reassigned in their activity stream;
- the apps selected to bind account and to register message. To create a new item of the app, for example, to register a new reclamation, first click +Bind and then click .
- the +Actions button. For the moment, one action is available. We are working on expanding the list:
- Start Business Process. During a conversation, the operator can launch a process instance right from the chat window, for example, if a customer places an order. The operator takes down all the details and starts the order handling process. To learn more, see Start a process from a live chat;
- information about the customer:
- if the person writing to you is an ELMA365 user, in the Internal user field you will see their avatar and a link to their profile;
- if an internal or external user has contacted you through an instant messenger connected to the live chat, their info will be copied from their account: name, avatar, account, name of the messenger. You can add a new customer to your database and create an item of the app specified in the live chat settings in the To bind account field. To do that, first click +Bind below the app's name and then click .
Search in live chats
At the top of the Live Chats workspace is the search bar. By default, the search is performed by chats and messages:
- if a specific session is open, then the search is performed by its name and by the history of messages in this chat;
- if no session is open, then the search is performed only by session names.
Other that that, the search is performed in the same way as in chats in the Messages workspace.
Found a typo? Highlight the text, press ctrl + enter and notify us