You can connect a live chat to WhatsApp so that customers can send their requests using the instant messenger, while operators reply directly from an ELMA365 chat. The chat history for each client will be saved within the system.
Only users included in the Administrators group can configure live chats and connect them to messengers.
You can connect several available instant messengers to one live chat, yet each messenger account can be linked to one live chat only.
To connect the WhatsApp messenger to the live chat:
- Go to the Administration> Live Chats workspace.
- Select a live chat from the list or create a new one by clicking the + Live Chat button in the upper right corner.
- Go to the Messengers tab and click the button.
- In the opened window, enter a name of the channel. For example, "Processing orders". Then click the Connect button.
- A window with a QR code will open. Open the WhatsApp app on the phone to which you are connecting the account.
- If you are using iOS, go to Settings > Linked devices. If you are using Android, click the three dots icon in the upper right corner, and select Linked devices in the menu. Then click on Link a device and scan the QR code.
- After verification the WhatsApp account will be connected to the live chat.
To disconnect a live chat from WhatsApp, click the button next to the channel name. Its status will change from Active to Disconnected. Later you can reconnect the channel to the live chat by clicking this button.
If necessary, you can change the channel name by clicking the pencil icon, or delete it by clicking the Recycle Bin icon
Found a typo? Highlight the text, press ctrl + enter and notify us