In ELMA365 you work with files in a familiar and convenient way. You can organize files into folders, rename, move them to the recycle bin, create links to them. For each file, you can configure individual permissions and add new versions.
There are two ways to open the list of available file actions:
1. In the list of files. Click the three dots icon to the right of the file name.
2. On file preview page. Click on the file name, and in the window that opens, in the upper right corner, click on the three dots icon.
Actions that you can perform with a file:
- Manage Access. Determine who will be able to view, edit or delete the file. Read more about access permissions in this article.
- Move. Change the file location.
- Rename. If you select this menu item, the file name becomes editable.
- Add Link. Links help organize information and quickly find the files you need. Select this menu item and specify where you want to add a link to this file.
- Add to Favorite. Add important files to Favorites to quickly access them.
- Subscribe. Subscribers receive notifications when somebody writes a comment in the file activity stream. Note that, if a message contains a @mention, only a user whose name was mentioned will receive a notification, the subscribers will not participate in this thread.
- Add Version. Upload new file versions to the system.
- Delete. Unused files can be moved to the recycle bin. Only the administrator can delete files from the recycle bin. Before this happens, the files stored in the bin can be restored.
File versioning works like a history of your files. When you change a file, the service marks it as a newer version and updates its records. That enables you to go back to one of the older copies when you make an unwanted change.
Information about all the file versions is displayed on the side panel of the preview window. Click on the file name to open the preview window and then click on the icon.
Click on the version name to download it to your computer.
If necessary, you can go back to the previous version and restore it. To do this, click on the All Versions link. In the pop-up select a file version and click Make Current.
You can send a file to several of your colleagues if you want them to view or read the file. It might be useful, for example, for familiarizing new hires with company policies. Once a user receives the file, he or she is added to the list of informed users, which is created automatically and mentions all users who have received the file.
A file can also be sent for approval, for example, when a contract, a presentation, or technical specifications should be approved by a manager prior to being sent to the customer.
When sending a file for approval, ELMA365 will assign the approver with a task to review the file and make a decision: either approve or reject it. An approval sheet will be created, featuring the names and decisions of all approvers.
Sending a file
To familiarize your colleagues with a file, click Send on the top of the file's page.
You can select one or several recipients, just click on the magnifying glass icon in the Recipients field and select the users from the list. Also, you can start typing a user's name and the system will show you all the matching variants.
Check the Show who viewed the document/app after it is sent box if you want all the informed users to be listed on the right pane of the file's page.
If necessary, you can add a comment.
The recipient will receive a task to familiarize with the file. Once they have done it, it will be indicated that they are now informed.
Open the drop-down menu of the Send button and select Send for approval.
You can send the file to one or to several approvers. In the case of one approver, simply select the employee's name in the list and click Send.
When selecting several approvers, you need to define the logic of the approval procedure.
First, select the approval type:
Parallel – the file is sent to all the approvers simultaneously. Select this type if the sequence of approval is irrelevant.
Sequential – the system sends the file to the first approver. Once he or she makes a decision, the file is sent to the next person. The process does not go further until the first approver either approves or rejects the file.
The system sends the file to approvers in the same sequence as you have selected the employees in the Approvers field.
Next, decide how the system should operate after the first rejection:
Interrupt – if the submitted file is rejected, the process shall be interrupted. The file's page will feature the Rejected decision.
Continue – even if one of the approvers rejects the file, the process will not be interrupted and the file will be sent to the next approver. The file's page will feature the Rejected decision.
After setting up the logic, click Send.
ELMA365 will automatically assign a task to approve the file to all the employees specified as approvers. A new section named Approval Sheets will appear on the right pane of the file page. Here you will see a list of employees who are reviewing the item and their decisions. Until an approver makes a decision to approve or reject a file, a question mark will be displayed next to their name
When the approval process ends, you will see the final decision on the document's/app item's page.