The Call activity is used in a business process to give an employee the task to call a client by phone. In ELMA365, every Call task is associated with a specific deal. The call results, unsuccessful attempts to reach the client, call reschedule, and task completion are recorded on the deal's page.
Place the activity on the process diagram where necessary and double-click on its shape to open the settings.
The activity settings broken into two tabs: General and Next Status.
The General tab contains the following settings:
- Name. Specify the activity name displayed on the process diagram. For better process readability, we recommend choosing short and meaningful names.
- Task name. To provide a more detailed task description to the executor, select the Generate name from template option. The executors will see the information entered in this field in their task list or on the task page. You might want to include context variables in the template by clicking on the (+) icon in the right corner of the Template field.
- Notification. When this option is selected, the executor will be notified about the assigned task.
- Deal. Select the context variable that stores the deal. You can either select the variable that already exists from the drop-down list or create a new one. Please note that you can use only App type variables in this field.
This option is used to associate the task with a specific deal. Task information such as postponed or completed calls is recorded on the deal's page, so you can easily track communications with every client.
Please note that the Deal field value must be defined in the business process prior to executing the Call element.
- Executor. Specify the App type variable that stores the task executor.
- Start time. Specify the time when the executor will start the task.
- Exact time. Specify after how many minutes, hours, or days the executor must begin the task. The time can be indicated taking into account the business calendar.
- Variable. Specify the Date/time type context variable that stores the time when the task will be started. Adjust the time, if necessary. For instance, you can increase the value by a day. This option is useful when the exact task start time is unknown. For example, you need to make a call a day after the commercial proposal was sent to the client.
Next Status Tab
The Call activity has three mandatory outgoing transitions: Done, Unable to reach lead, and Close deal. On the task page, they will be displayed as buttons with corresponding text.
On the Next Status Tab, define process branches that will be activated once the user clicks the corresponding button.
The Call activity in the UI
When the process reaches the Call activity, the system assigns an employee a task to call a client. By clicking the task name, the executor opens the deal page associated with the call. There are four buttons on the page. Three of them represent corresponding outgoing transitions of the element.
- Done. If the call was completed successfully, click this button and enter a comment. The task will be closed, and the comment will appear in the activity stream.
- Postpone. Specify a new time for the task and write a comment if necessary. The task due date will also be postponed.
- Unable to reach lead. ELMA365 will offer you to select the reason for not being able to reach the client. This reason will appear on the deal's activity stream. The Unable to reach lead button will display the total number of unsuccessful calls. If you select the Close task option, the call will be canceled, and the process will take the branch you've defined earlier in the Next Status Tab.
- Close deal. Select the reason why the deal is being closed. The deal will be removed from the pipeline, and its status will automatically change to Lost.
The Call task will be marked as completed.