Using business processes in live chats helps operators work faster, as certain actions are automated.
In live chats, processes can be launched in two ways:
- Manually. The operator selects a process and launches it right on the session page.
- Automatically. A business process starts when one of the following events takes place:
- A session is created.
- A new message from a customer is received.
- A session is closed.
For example, when a new session is created, the business process for adding and processing a lead is launched.
Note that it is impossible to start a business process using either method if the session is marked as spam.
Only users included in the Administrators group can configure the automatic start of business processes in live chats.
To set up automatic process start:
- Go to Administration > Live Chats.
- Select a live chat from the list or create a new one by clicking +Live Chat in the top right corner.
- Go to the Business Processes tab.
Click Select next to the event.
- In the provided window, select the process that you want to start automatically. You can choose any process configured in the system, including global processes and ones set up within workspaces and apps.
- In the Input parameters column, click Configure and map the properties of the Live Chats workspace with the variables of the selected business process. Now when a process instance is launched, the data from the session (for instance, the name of the live chat, the customer’s name and phone number, the subject of the email, the text of the last message, etc.) will be sent to the process’s context.
Please note that you can only map variables of the same type. For example, to pass the text of a message, create a String type variable in the process.
Now the selected business process will start whenever the specified event takes place.
To learn more about how operators can start processes manually, read Manually start a business process.
Found a typo? Highlight the text, press ctrl + enter and notify us