App items in the duplicate search results can be marked as duplicates. Then the duplicate’s view form will include a link to the main app item, and it will be clear which item to work with.
When you mark an app item as a duplicate, you can Link it to another app item or Merge them, depending on the duplicate rules that are used. If app items are compared within one app, they can be merged. If app items from different apps are compared, items with overlapping information need to be linked to the main item.
Let’s say you created a deal to track your interactions with a customer. Then one of your co-workers added a lead for the same customer. You can mark the lead as a duplicate and link it to the deal. After that, all employees will work with the main app item.
If you accidentally added two identical deals, you can mark one of them as a duplicate and merge them. After that, all employees will continue working with the main app item.
How to work with duplicates
There are two ways you can work with duplicates in the system:
- on the Duplicate settings page after a duplicate check is completed; or
- on an app item view form if you place the Duplicates widget on it.
Let’s look into these two options.
Work with duplicates on the Duplicate settings page
Open the CRM workspace and do the following:
- Click on the gear icon next to the name of the CRM workspace and select Duplicate settings.
- Click the Start search button at the top of the page if you want to run a duplicate check in all apps that duplicate detection rules are enabled for.
If you need to find similar items within one app, for example, to find duplicates among companies, open the Duplicate search result tab and click the Start search button under the app’s name.
In both cases, you will see potential duplicates found in the system on the Duplicate search result tab.
- There will be separate sections for Deals, Companies, and Leads. Open the drop-down list in one of the sections. Check the boxes next to the app items that you want to process. Click on one of the buttons that will appear under the list of potential duplicates: Link, Merge, Not a duplicate, or +Add item.
- Link. This button appears if you are matching app items from different apps (for example, if you want to mark a lead as a duplicate of an existing deal). When you click this button, the duplicate will be linked to the main app item.
It is possible to show which app item a duplicate is linked to on the duplicate’s view form. To do that, place the Duplicates widget on the app’s view form.
- Merge. This button appears if you are matching app items within one app. For example, when you mark one lead as a duplicate of another. When you click this button, the comparison table will open. Here you need to specify the fields that will be shown on the main app item view form.
On the right, you can see the Merged record. By default, when you select one of the app items in the table as the main record, all of its fields are shown in the Merged record. You can select field values from different app items if needed. You can also enter a new name for the merged app item.
When you finish working with the table, click Merge.
It is possible to show which app item a duplicate is merged with on the duplicate’s view form. To do that, place the Duplicates widget on the app’s view form.
On view forms of duplicates, you will see a link to the app item it is merged with.
- +Add item. Click this button if you want to add another main app item to the list and compare the potential duplicate with it.
If the Duplicates widget is placed on the form, you can process the duplicate on its view form.
To do that, follow these steps:
- Open an app item’s view form.
- If this app item is a potential duplicate according to one of the duplicate detection rules, you will see a notification on the side panel. To process the duplicate, click More.
- If no identical app items are found, you will see the No matches found notification on the side panel. If you are sure the app item is a duplicate, click the Mark as duplicate? link.
- In the window that opens, you will see a table for each app that duplicate detection rules are enabled for. Click +Add item and select the app items you want to match the potential duplicate with.
- Check the box next to the app item you want to link or merge this item with and click one of the buttons that appear: Link, Merge, Not a duplicate, or +Add item.
In the More about duplicates window, you can also see all the items that were previously bound or merged with this app item. To access them, open the drop-down list by clicking the arrow next to Linked duplicates.
Found a typo? Highlight the text, press ctrl + enter and notify us