Sometimes two or more app items created in ELMA365, such as leads, deals, companies, or contacts, happen to be storing the same data. These items are called duplicates. Duplicates may appear when a user accidentally adds an app item when it isn’t necessary. For example, a sales rep may add a company to the system when this company has already been added by another employee.
To avoid confusion, the CRM built-in workspace provides a tool that allows you to search for duplicates. You can use it to find identical app items, merge them, and continue your work with a single app item that stores all the necessary information.
To make checking for duplicates possible, you need to activate at least one of the preset duplicate detection rules. After that, there are two ways you can use this feature:
- To find duplicates when creating new app items.
When a user creates a new app item, the system will check whether it is a duplicate using the rules with the Active status. If the system finds overlaps, the user can cancel the creation of the app item. It will also be possible to save the new app item if it isn’t actually a duplicate, for example, if two different companies have similar business names. If needed, an app item can later be marked as a duplicate on its page or on the Duplicate settings page.
- To find duplicates among existing app items.
You can run a duplicate check for the entire app. It is useful in the following cases:
- When app items are added to an app automatically. For example, if you set up a web form on your website to generate leads.
- When you import data, for example, a new customer database from an Excel table.
- If you activated a different set of duplicate detection rules or changed the rules’ settings.
You can learn more about duplicates in the following articles:
- Duplicate search settings in the CRM workspace.
- Advanced duplicate search settings.
- Detect duplicates when creating new app items.
- Detect duplicates among existing app items.
- Mark an app item as a duplicate.
Found a typo? Highlight the text, press ctrl + enter and notify us