Sometimes two or more app items created in ELMA365, such as leads, deals, or companies, happen to be storing the same data. These items are called duplicates. Duplicates may appear when a user accidentally adds an app item when it isn’t necessary. For example, a sales rep may add a company to the system when this company has already been added by another employee.
To avoid confusion, the CRM system workspace provides a tool that allows you to search for duplicates. You can use it to find identical app items, merge them, and continue your work with a single app item that stores all the necessary information.
To make checking for duplicates possible, you need to activate at least one of the pre-set duplicate detection rules. After that, there are two ways you can use this tool:
- To find duplicates when creating a new app item.
When a user creates a new app item, the system will check whether it is a duplicate using the rules with the Active status. If the system finds overlaps, the user can cancel the app item creation. It will also be possible to save the new app item if it isn’t a duplicate. For example, two different companies may have similar business names. An app item can be marked as a duplicate on its view form or on the Duplicate settings page.
- To find duplicates among existing app items.
You can run a duplicate check for the entire app. It is useful in the following cases:
- When app items are added to an app automatically. For example, if you set up a web form on your website to create leads.
- When you import data, for example, a new customer database from an Excel table.
- When you activated a different set of duplicate detection rules or changed the rules’ settings.
You can learn more about duplicates in the following articles:
- Duplicate search settings in the CRM workspace
- Advanced duplicate search settings
- Detecting duplicates when creating new app items
- Detecting duplicates among existing app items
- Marking an app item as a duplicate
Found a typo? Highlight the text, press ctrl + enter and notify us