In any company, there are employees who perform similar tasks or stand at the same level in the corporate hierarchy. In this case, adding them to groups and configuring access permissions for the groups (not the individuals) might be a great option.
For example, you can allow access to a folder with reports only to a group of users that includes department heads.
Each user can be added to multiple groups. When you add a user to a group, they automatically inherit the access permissions of the group.
Create a group
To add a new group:
- Go to Administration > Groups. Here all the groups are displayed including groups and roles created in workspaces and apps.
- In the upper right corner, click on the +Group button.
- Fill out the settings in the pop-up.
- Name*. The name that will be shown in the list of groups;
- Description. Description of groups;
- Default group. If the box is set to «Yes», all new users will be added to this group automatically;
- List of group participants. You can add users, existing groups, and org chart items to the group.
- Once the fields are filled out, save the group.
You can also create groups in workspaces and apps. The created groups cannot be deleted, but you can edit them if necessary.
In the list of groups, Roles are marked with the symbol.
Edit a group
To edit a group, go to Administration > Groups, select a group and click the Edit button. Make changes and click Save.
Add a user to a group
There are two ways to add a user to a group:
- Click on the group name > click on the Edit button > select a new user in the List of group participants field.
Find a group
To find a group, you can search by name or description. Start typing the text in the search bar and click Enter.
Found a typo? Highlight the text, press ctrl + enter and notify us