The Mail activity is used in a business process to give an employee the task to send a client a message or a letter. In ELMA365, every Mail task is associated with a specific deal. The information about the reschedule and completion of the task is recorded on the deal’s page.
Place the activity on the process diagram where necessary and double-click on its shape to open the settings.
- Name. Specify the activity name displayed on the process diagram. For better process readability, we recommend choosing short and meaningful names.
- Task name. To provide a more detailed task description to the executor, select the option Generate name from template. The executors will see the information entered in this field in their task list or on the task page. You might want to include context variables in the template by clicking on the (+) icon in the right corner of the Template field.
- Notification. When this option is selected, the executor will be notified about the assigned task.
- Deal. Select the context variable that stores the deal. You can either select the variable that already exists from the drop-down list or create a new one. Please note that you can use only App type variables in this field.
This option is used to associate the task with a specific deal. Task information such as postponed or completed correspondence dispatch is recorded on the deal’s page, so you can easily track communications with every client.
Please note that the Deal field value must be defined in the business process prior to executing the Mail element.
- Executor. Specify the App type variable that stores the task executor.
- Start time. Specify the time when the executor will start the task.
- Exact time. Specify after how many minutes, hours, or days the executor must begin the task. The time can be indicated, taking into account the business calendar.
- Variable. Specify the Date/time type context variable that stores the time when the mail will be sent. Adjust the time, if necessary. For instance, you can increase the value by a day. This option is useful when the exact task start time is unknown. For example, you need to send the a message in half an hour after talking to the client on the phone.
The Mail activity in the UI
When the process reaches the Mail activity, the system assigns an employee a task to send a message or a letter to a client.
By clicking the task name, the executor opens the deal page associated with the meeting. There are two buttons on the page: Done and Postpone.
- Done. Once the task is completed, the executor clicks this button and writes a comment. The task will be closed, and the comment will appear in the activity stream.
- Postpone. The executor specifies a new time for the task and writes a comment if necessary. The task due date will also be postponed.
Found a typo? Highlight the text, press ctrl + enter and notify us