The document type apps are used for creating documents in ELMA365, for example, agreements, requests, invoices and so on.
You can organize centralized storage of documents, register them, search by document attributes, cerate workflows that will cover all the stages of the document lifecycle. Statuses help to track at what stage the document currently is.
Here is an example of how a document may look like:
Only users included in the Administrators group can create document-type apps.
Go to any workspace and click Add in the left menu. In the provided window, click Create.
Fill in the provided form:
- App Name*. The name of the app that will be shown in the left menu.
- App URL*. The URL for quick access to the app. The URL is created automatically, but you can change it if you wish to.
- Item Name. The name of the button for adding new app items.
- Type. Select Document.
- Visibility. Specify, who will be able to see the app in the left menu. You can change these settings later, if necessary.
- Visible to everyone. The app will be available to all users.
- Only to administrators. The app will be available only to the users included in the Administrators group.
- App Icon. The icon helps users quickly find the app in the left menu.
- View. Select the layout of app items.
- Create associated process. If you select this option, then once the app is created, the process modeling page will open immediately. You will be able to add app properties right in the process designer, on the Context tab.
- Run after creating a new app item. Once you add a new app item, the associated business process will automatically start. If you select this option, the app forms will be configured only in the advanced mode. Read more about such processes in this article.
After you fill in the data, click Create. A window where you can set up the document form will open.
The default File field on the form cannot be deleted because it stores the file containing the document. ELMA365 supports multiple file formats.
To do that, click Advanced Mode in the form settings window.
In the advanced mode, the File field can be made optional. To do this, go to the creation form and remove the * marker from the field.
This is convenient if you do not have a ready-made file and plan to generate it from a template during a business process. Don't forget to add the Edit app item activity to the process to transfer the generated file from the process context to the item page. The user will need to fill in the required fields, the system will generate a document and add it to the item page.
To learn more on how to customize a form in the advanced mode, read the Configuring Forms in Advanced Mode article.
Creating an app item
To add a new app item, click the button in the top right corner of the app page. The name of this button depends on the app settings.
In the provided window, add a file with a document and fill in the fields on the right panel. The fields on the panel may vary; select them when you create a new document app.
You can start routing processes from the document form upon clicking the save button, add new buttons and instructions. Read more about these settings in the Customizing Pages of App Items article.
ELMA365 supports document versioning. The user can add a new version to a previously created document even if it is already in work, for example, at the pending approval stage. The new version will become the current version and the previous version will be outdated.
You can add a new version in a variety of ways:
- Click on the button at the top of the document page and upload the new version of the file.
- Click the Edit button on the document page and change the file attached to the document.
- You can also make changes to a document during the execution of a business process by using a script. In this case, the new version will be generated automatically.
The three most recent versions of the document are displayed on the side panel. The version number, its author, and time of creation are also indicated here.
You can find a full list of versions by clicking on the All Versions link. Here you can change the status of any outdated version and make it current. To do this, click the Make Сurrent button next to the required version.