You can easily customize access to the Projects workspace including its apps, folders, and app items. For instance, you can give privileges to create projects to employees included in the Project Managers group while the others will only be able to view project information.
Access is configured in the system apps settings.
By default, access to the workspace's apps is provided to all users. To restrict it, do the following:
- In the workspace's left menu, click Set Up. Make sure that the app for which you want to configure the access is not hidden from users.
- Click on the gear icon next to the app's name in the workspace menu and select Access Settings.
- Select Restrict access to data and specify the type of access: Restrict access to app, Restrict access to app folders or Restrict access to app items.
- Add a user, user group or organizational chart item and specify the types of access permissions granted to them.
To restrict access to a project, open its page. In the About the Project widget, click . In the pop-up, select a user, user group or org chart item and specify the type of permissions granted.
The roles and the assigned users are shown on the project page in the About the Project widget:
- Project Manager. The person responsible for the project who will create and edit the project plan;
- Project Supervisor. The person who monitors the work progress. Project Supervisor cannot create, edit or publish the project plan. However, they can edit the information on the project page;
- Project Plan Editor. Users who apart from the Project Manager, can edit the project plan;
- Project Participants. Users assigned to the roles listed above and those specified in the Task and Milestone assignments.
Within a project, there can be only one Project Manager and one Project Supervisor. They are assigned to the role when the project is created or edited. To specify the Project Team Members or Project Plan Editors, first add these fields to the create/edit forms of the project:
- Click Set Up in the workspace's left menu and make the Projects system app visible.
- Click on the gear icon next to the app's name and select Form Settings.
- In the pop-up, go to the Create or Edit tab. Add the Project Participants and Project Plan Editors fields from the Context panel to the right-hand side of the form.
- Save the changes.
Now you can assign users to these roles when creating the project or editing its information.
The Projects workspace has prebuilt folders and filters: All, Project Participant, Project Supervisor, Project Manager. Use them to sort all the projects by your role in them.
Found a typo? Highlight the text, press ctrl + enter and notify us