The settings in the Projects workspace are similar to those of any workspace. You can:
- manage access for employees;
- create groups, additional apps, and business processes;
- export the workspace into another company.
To learn more about the common workspace settings, see Workspace.
Only users included in the Administrators group and manage workspace settings.
Set up system apps
System apps store all the company's projects, project plans, and task as app items. Be default these apps are hidden, but you can show them if needed. The system include:
- Projects. All the projects created on the Projects page;
- Project Plan. All the versions of created project plans;
- Project Plan Element. Assignments of all types added to a project plan;
- Project Task. Assignments of the Task and Milestone types saved here after a project plan is published.
Each app has standard settings: you can edit project and project task forms, manage access to data, create business processes, add activity buttons, set up statuses, etc.
Customize forms in system apps
You can customize the forms of system apps for a better user experience in projects. Project participants see the forms when they open a project's page or a project-related task.
Once you have customized and published an app form, it will no longer be automatically updated whenever a new release of the system comes out. Any new widgets that may appear in the future will have to be added manually.
To customize a form, click on the gear icon next to the name of the app and select Form Settings.
Add a new field to a form
You can create new properties in apps and add them as fields to create, view, and edit forms. Let's say you are developing a project for another company. In the Projects app, you can create a new Client field and add it to the forms. You will then be able to use this field in the project. Please note that the default fields in apps cannot be deleted.
Another example: you need to edit the form of a Task or Milestone assignment type. To do that, make changes in two apps: Project Plan Element and Project Task. These apps use the same form templates because project tasks are created automatically based on data from the Project Plan Element app. Note that in the context of both apps, the Property name and Type of new fields must match.
Add a widget to a form
Not only can you add fields to a form, you can also edit the template itself, for instance, add widgets and move them around. Let's say you have created a new process: "Approve project plan". You can add the Button widget to the view form of the Projects app so that users can click it to start the process.
To edit a form template, open Form Settings and go to the tab that represents the form that you want to modify: Create, View, or Edit. Click on the Default link, and then on the Create Form button. The interface designer opens.
The default widgets used on form templates are:
- Select Business Process for Project Plan Element;
- Start Process Task from Project Plan Element;
- Project Activity Stream;
- My Project Tasks;
- About the Project;
- Project Folder;
- Project Plan;
- Template Projects.
In the interface designer, you can delete widgets from forms and add new ones.
Set up the Projects page
The Projects page has all the standard page settings. You can customize the page by adding new widgets and quick action buttons, manage access, change its name, and so on. To open the page's settings, click on the gear icon next to its name.
You can also customize the My Recent Projects separator: change access settings, change the name, or delete it.
Set up statuses
Use preset statuses to monitor project tasks and project plan versions.
You can also add custom statuses, allow or forbid users to change them manually, track the status change history, etc. To learn more, see Status Field.
Set up project plan statuses
The Project Plan app has the default statuses enabled:
- Draft. The version of the project plan has been saved but not published;
- Current. The published version of the plan;
- Archived. This status is given to the current version if another version is published.
We recommend that you keep the statuses for these app enabled, so that you can track the plan's versions on the project page. To learn more about project plan statuses, see Project plan.
Set up project task statuses
To track assignments of the Task or Milestone type on the assignment's page, enable statuses in app settings:
- Click Set Up in the left menu of the workspace and make the hidden Project Task app visible.
- To the left of the app's name, click on the gear icon and select Status Field.
- Check the Add Status field box to see the list of preset statuses. You can edit the statuses, change their order, and add new statuses.
Found a typo? Highlight the text, press ctrl + enter and notify us