When working on a lead you can change its status. As the status changes a lead moves to another stage in the pipeline.
By default, every lead can have one of the following statuses:
- New. A newly added lead having no sales rep assigned.
- Processing. Work with the lead is in progress, a sales rep is nurturing the deal.
- Qualified. Assign this status if the client is ready to buy. You can create a new deal or a new company.
- Unqualified. The deal was lost and the client is no longer interested.
Changing lead status
You can manually change the lead status in one of the following ways:
- On the pipeline page, in the Kanban board view, drag the lead from one stage to another. The lead can be moved between pipeline stages only forward.
- On the right panel of the lead’s page, click the Change button. Select a new status from the drop-down list.
- Click one of the following buttons at the bottom of the lead’s page:
- Qualify. This button starts the business process of lead qualification. During the process, you can convert the lead into a deal or a company.
- Do not qualify. Click this button to finish working with the lead. You can also specify the reason why the lead was lost. Read more about it in the Lead pipelines article.
Lead final statuses
The Qualified and Unqualified statuses are final. You can customize how the leads with these statuses are displayed in the pipelines.
By default, unqualified leads are not shown in a pipeline. To make them visible, go to the Pipeline settings and click the button next to a status name.
Alternatively, you can view leads with final statuses by using pre-configured filters. To use the filters, select the pipeline you need, and in the search bar at the top of the page click the Search by parameters sign.
On the right side of the window that opens select one of the pre-configured filters.
When a lead is ready to buy you can convert them into a deal and continue working on it. To do this, you need to change the lead status to Qualified. Once the status changes, the lead qualification process starts.
The responsible sales rep will receive a new Request qualification data task.
On the task page, the employee needs to fill in the following fields:
- Company. To associate a company with the lead, choose an existing one by clicking the magnifying glass icon or click the +Create button to create a new one;
- Qualification type. Select one of the available options from the drop-down list:
- Create Deal and Company. If this option is selected, you also need to specify the pipeline where the new deal will be added.
- Create only Company. Select this option if the deal is postponed. You can add the deal later directly from the lead’s page. To do this click the button on the side panel next to the Deal field.
When you have filled in the fields, click Done. The lead will be qualified and changing its status will no longer be possible. The work with the lead will continue within the new deal.
Customizing lead qualification process
Note that lead qualification is a system process. It cannot be modified. However, you can make a copy of the process and customize this copy according to your company requirements.
To do this:
- Go to Administration>Business processes and select the process from the list.
- Click on the three dots to the right of the process name and select Create copy.
- In the Parent category field of the window that opens, select a workspace where the business process will be saved.
After that, you can open the copy of the process and edit it according to your needs.
The customized process can be associated with the Qualified stage of a pipeline. Read more about it in the Lead pipeline article.
Changing final status
By default, after you have changed the lead status to a final one, it cannot be changed. However, if you want to start working with the lead again you can do it with the Change status button.
Only users included in the Administrators group can add or remove the Change status button.
To add the button, open the lead’s page, and click the gear icon in the bottom left corner.
Next to the default buttons, the sign will appear. Click it and select Add “Change status” button in the pop-up window.
The button will be added to the lead’s page. Users having rights to edit leads will be able to change the final status to any of the previous ones.
Read more about adding buttons in the Customizing Pages of App Items article.