A task is one of the tools for organizing work within a company. Employees set deadlines and track tasks, exchange necessary information and documents, everything in order to achieve the intended results on time.
How to create a task?
There are three ways to create a Task:
- In the Task section.
Go to the Tasks section and click the +Task button in the upper right corner.
- By clicking the user avatar.
You can assign tasks to your colleagues right from the activity stream or a chat. To do this, click the user avatar and in the dialog box that opens select Assign task.
- From the page of a file or an app item
You can assign a task while viewing a file or an app item. To do so, click the +Task button on the side panel.
Create a task subject. It should be informative and clear. This will allow employees to easily navigate the task list.
Who will perform the task?
- Responsible. This is an employee who is responsible for the task. You specify the responsible person when assigning a task, but later the task can be delegated to another responsible person. Please note that if you select a person who is currently away from work, the task might be automatically reassigned to their substitute depending on the substitution settings.
- Approver. This is a person who will approve the task.
- Participant. These are the employees who will help the responsible person to complete the task. You can select several participants of the task, but there is always only one responsible user.
Select a person who is responsible for the task. To do this, start typing the user name in the Responsible field or click the magnifying glass icon.
If necessary, specify who will approve the task and add other participants. To do this, click on the +Approver and +Participants buttons to the right of the Responsible field.
You can specify when the task must be completed in the Due date field. If you want the task to be assigned to an employee on a specific day and at a specified time, use the Specify start date option.
Once the task is created, it is automatically added to the employee's personal calendar. The event starts the same day as the task is assigned to the employee and ends when the task deadline expires.
If the task start date is not defined, the event will be scheduled for the date specified in the Due date field.
Task details can be specified in the Description field. If you need to add an attachment to the task, use the Files field. Drag files from the local computer or click on the field and select the files you need. You can also attach documents from the cloud storage. To do this, click the three dots icon in the right corner of the Files field. You will see a list of all available documents stored in the system.
Schedule compliance is an important indicator that helps improve the efficiency of the company. You can easily control schedule compliance and check the results of work using the Control field. Choose one of the following options:
- Inform on completion. You will receive a notification when the task is completed.
- Assign task. When the responsible user completes the task, the system automatically assigns you a task to control the achieved results.
- Complete process. Select this option if you don't want to control the task execution.
All tasks created by you are displayed in the Assigned by me workspace. To find a specific task, use the Task search.