A Task is one of the tools for organizing work within a company. Employees set deadlines and track tasks, exchange necessary information and documents, do everything in order to achieve the intended results on time.
Create a task
There are three ways to create a new Task:
- In the Tasks workspace.
Go to the Tasks workspace and click the +Task button in the upper right corner.
- By clicking a user's name.
You can assign tasks to other users right in the activity stream or a chat. To do this, click the user's avatar or name. In the dialog box that opens, select Assign task.
- On the page of a file or an app item.
On the task form, enter the task's subject. It should be informative and clear. This will allow employees to easily navigate the task list.
- Executor. This is the employee responsible for the task. The executor is specified when assigning a task, but later the task can be reassigned to another user. Please note that if you select an employee who is currently absent, the task might be automatically reassigned to their substitute according to the substitution settings.
- Approver. This is the person who will approve the task.
- Participant. These are employees who help the executor to complete the task. They get all the notifications associated with it. You can select several participants for a task, but there is always only one executor.
Select the person responsible for the task. To do that, start typing a user’s name in the Executor field or click the magnifying glass icon to select a user.
If necessary, specify who will approve the task and add other participants. To do this, click +Approver and +Participants under the Executor field.
You can specify when the task needs to be completed in the Due Date field. If you want the task to be assigned to an employee on a specific day and at scheduled time, use the +Start date option.
Once the task is created, it is automatically added to the employee’s personal calendar. The event starts the same day as the task is assigned to the employee and ends when the task deadline expires.
If the task start date is not defined, the event will be scheduled for the date specified in the Due Date field.
Task details can be specified in the Description field. Markdown is supported, so you can format the text.
If you need to add an attachment to the task, use the Files field. Drag files from the PC or click on the field and select the files you need. You can also attach documents from the system’s cloud storage. To do this, click the three dots icon in the right corner of the Files field. You will see a list of all available documents stored in the system.
Schedule compliance is an important indicator that helps improve the efficiency of the company. You can easily control schedule compliance and check the results of work using the Control field. Choose one of the following options:
- Notify when the task is completed. You will receive a notification when the task is completed.
- Send for evaluation. When the responsible user completes the task, the system automatically assigns you a task to check the results.
- Not required. Select this option if you don’t want to control the execution of the task.
Read more about the available options in the Task control article.
Notifications about new tasks
By default, people see notifications about new tasks in the company's #activity stream.
Additionally, each user can manage their own notification settings in the user profile on the following tabs:
- Notifications. On this tab you can disable notifications on tasks and change the mobile app notification settings;
- Tasks. On this tab you can enable:
- sending notifications on tasks to the email specified upon user registration;
- making approval decisions directly from the received emails for file and app item approval tasks. Make sure that the administrator has set up corporate email for sending approval task notifications;
- reminders about upcoming task deadlines.
Found a typo? Highlight the text, press ctrl + enter and notify us